Good afternoon to our Homeland Defense and Security Information Analysis Center subscribers – Steve Redifer here with a quick update about our recent goings on.
As always, thanks for registering and subscribing – it is important to our success, and we could not do this without your effort.
FEATURED SME: I wanted to announce that we have named a new featured subject matter expert as part of our effort to recognize these leaders in their fields. This month’s featured SME is Dr. James Giordano. “Dr. G” is a Professor in the Departments of Neurology and Biochemistry, Chief of the Neuroethics Studies Program, and co-Director of the O’Neill-Pellegrino Program in Brain Science and Global Law and Policy at Georgetown University Medical Center. Dr. Giordano is a tireless contributor and author, and he has written articles for us as well as been the subject of our most popular podcasts. You can see a sample of his work here: https://www.hdiac.org/sme-corner/dr-giordano/
ONLINE RESOURCES: We continue to produce two HDIAC webinars and two podcasts each month covering a variety of topics – you can also find both of our recent state of the art reports on line here: https://www.hdiac.org/hdiac-report/.
MOST RECENT WEBINARS:
- Agnostic Compact Demilitarization of Chemical Agents (ACDC): https://www.hdiac.org/podcast/agnostic-compact-demilitarization-of-chemical-agents-acdc/
- Facial Recognition Performance and Its Measurement: https://www.hdiac.org/podcast/facial-recognition-performance-measurement/
- Department of Homeland Security Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office: https://www.hdiac.org/podcast/department-of-homeland-security-countering-weapons-of-mass-destruction-office/
MOST RECENT PODCASTS:
- Interoperability Among Agencies and Local Population during Multilateral Peacekeeping Operations – a 2-part series: https://www.hdiac.org/podcast/interoperability-among-agencies-and-local-population-during-multilateral-peacekeeping-operations-part-1/
- Accent Matters: Biolinguistics and Social Identity Dimensions: https://www.hdiac.org/podcast/accent-matters-biolinguistics-and-social-identity-dimensions/
- Constructing Forensic Linguistic ‘Finger Prints’ for Human/Criminal Identification: https://www.hdiac.org/podcast/linguistic-finger-prints/
- On 29 October, we will be hosting Dr. Tristan McClure-Begley from DARPA to talk about Biostasis. The Biostasis program aims to extend the time for lifesaving medical treatment, often referred to as “the Golden Hour,” following traumatic injury or acute infection, thus increasing survivability for military personnel operating in far-forward conditions with limited access to medical professionals or trauma centers.
- In November, we will be hosting Mr. David Hunsicker from USAID to talk about USAID’s Conflict Assessment Framework.
We just passed 1900 members on our website – please continue to share our website URL (https://www.hdiac.org/) with your colleagues, and we are always looking to expand our SME community https://www.hdiac.org/services/subject-matter-expert-sme-network/.
Finally, check us out, like us, and follow us on your favorite social media outlet:
All my best to you and your loved ones – I wish you prosperity in the months to come.
Warm regards and Semper Fidelis,